BITSAT FAQ’S | BITSAT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. I am unable to access the BITSAT Online application. Can you send the application form by email or post?
Ans: The application cannot be sent by email. If you get any specific error while applying, please send an email to email@example.com for help with details. If you are unable to apply online in spite of all efforts, please obtain the form by post as explained in the advertisement.
2. I have taken Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2.Am I Eligible to Apply for BITSAT?
Ans: For BITSAT 2012 Candidates should have taken Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in 10+2.
3. I have completed the online application. But, I have not taken a print out. How can I get a print out now?
Ans:You can go to the applying online page again and enter the personal details AND the application number. You will be taken to the printout page again. If you have forgotten your application number, and If you have not posted the form, apply afresh with another application number.
4. I have made a mistake while entering some data in my application form. How can I edit/correct it?
Ans: If you have not posted the form, apply afresh with another application number. If you have already sent the form by post to admissions office, You cannot edit it Online. If the mistake is minor, you can send a written signed request for the correction. However, if you want to change the center preferences, you will have to apply afresh with a new application fees.
5. My 12th exam results are not expected before 30th June. Should I apply for BITSAT-2012?
Ans: For admissions to I semester staring in August, you should have your result before 30th June. Otherwise, we make a few admissions to II semester starting in January for which you can apply. Keeping that in mind, you may appear in BITSAT-2010.
6. I passed 12th in 2009. I didn’t get 80% aggregate in PCM .Am I eligible if I repeat some of the subjects to get the required 80% marks?
Ans: If you are repeating 12th exam, you should do it for the all the subjects required to pass 12th again. If you take improvement exams in PCM . only, you are not eligible.
7. What are the tuition and other fees and expenses?
Ans: click here BITSAT-2012 FEE DETAILS
8. I passed 12th exam in 2011. Am I eligible to appear for BITSAT-2012?
Ans: As advertised, are eligible to Apply for BITSAT -2012.
9. I had appeared in BITSAT-2011 but my marks were below the cut-off marks. Can I appear in BITSAT-2012?
Ans: Yes. as advertised subject to eligibility conditions you can apply again for BITSAT-2012.
10. What is the application procedure for NRIs?
Ans: There is no separate procedure for NRIs.
11. What is the application procedure for candidates with foreign qualifications?
Ans: There is no separate procedure. They have to apply similar to Indian students.
12. How am I Eligible for admission to M.Sc.(Hons.) and M.Sc.(Tech.) programmes after 12th?
Ans: The M.Sc.(Hons.) and M.Sc.(Tech.) programmes are integrated 4-year masters programme after 12th. There is no intermediate BSc. degrees awarded.
13. I have passed 12th in the year 2008 (or earlier). I am now doing my higher studies (B.Sc./B.E./Diploma) in another college. Can I apply for BITSAT-2012?
Ans: You are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2010.