Canara Bank is conducting exam to recruit eligible candidates for the post of PO Junior Management Grade Scale – I. English is scoring subject, if you are good at English Grammar and Language. However, if you are not, then read this article to prepare yourself for English Language with some easy and smart tricks.
Click here for CANARA BANK PO notifications
Before reading English Preparation Tips, check the detailed Canara Bank PO Exam pattern and English syllabus –
|Subject||Medium of Exam||No. of Qs||Marks||Time|
|Reasoning||English & Hindi||50||50||2 Hours|
|Quantitative Aptitude||English & Hindi||50||50|
|General Awareness||English & Hindi||50||50|
|1||Reading Comprehension||10 Qs|
|2||Sentence Improvement/Phrase Replacement||5 Qs|
|3||Para Jumbles||5 Qs|
|4||Cloze Test||5-10 Qs|
|5||Error Spotting||5 Qs|
|6||Fill in the Blanks||5 Qs|
|7||Phase Idiom Meaning||5 Qs|
|8||One Word Substitution||5 Qs|
Prepare English for Canara Bank PO
There are three main topics in this section, they are Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary and Grammar. To solve this section easily focus on these sections to score maximum marks and secure a place with Canara Bank PO.
Check the below tips and strategies to boost your preparations –
- Brush-up your English Grammar rules first and then proceed to practice questions from this section. Furthermore, attempt questions based on Error Spotting, Active and Passive Voice, Direct and Indirect Speech, etc.
- Read as much as possible to improve your vocabulary. Choose newspapers, books, for reading and practicing. Note down new words and find their meaning.
- Memorize these new words and learn the context in which they are used.
- Develop reading habit to easily comprehend the passage and attempt questions from the passage.
- Regularly practice and read as much as possible. This will elevate your English preparation and score more marks.
English for Canara Bank PO – Reading Comprehension
This part checks your ability to comprehend and analyze the given information based on Grammar, Vocabulary, and writing ability.
- Practice more to read with speed and accuracy. This will help you solve all the questions within time.
- Solve difficult questions that are confusing and have inference based answers. Such questions prepare you well for the actual exam.
- Practice time management to attempt all the questions.
- Regularly attempt mock test and solve previous year papers to get familiar with all types of questions.
English for IBPS PO – Grammar
- To practice topics like Parts of Speech, Prepositions, Sentence Construction, Adverbs, Common Errors, etc.
- Focus on Parts of Speech, as they will help you in structuring a sentence properly.
- Also practice using sentence diagrams for memorizing grammar structure and sentence.
- Practice English speaking the way you write. This will help you figure out English grammar error.
Prepare English for Canara Bank PO – Vocabulary
- Increase your vocabulary by reading as much as possible.
- Practice whenever you are free, while travelling or sitting idle. You need to note down every new word you come across and memorize the meaning and spelling of these words.
- Make use of Flashcards, as they are fun way of learning and improving your vocabulary.
- Regularly attempt quiz and evaluate your preparation level.
English for Canara PO – Verbal Ability
This section include topics from Para Jumbles.
- This section checks your verbal ability.
- To solve this section you need to come up with your own set of technique that suits you the most.
- Practice to build strong vocabulary, this will make solving the other section with ease and speed.
- Spot the theme of the jumble and understand the main context of the question to solve verbal ability questions.
- Attempt mock test solve as many quizzes as possible to analyze your preparation.
We hope that this article helped you to align your preparation for English section and score maximum marks.