Code No: A4305
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad
M. Tech I-Semester Supplementary Examinations September – 2009
HIGH VOLTAGE D.C. TRANSMISSION
(Common to Power Electronics, Electrical Power Engineering, Power Engineering
& Energy Systems and Power Systems (High Voltage))
Time : 3 Hours Max. Marks: 60
Answer Any Five Questions
All Questions Carry Equal marks
1. Give a detailed comparison between HVDC and AC transmission.
2. Derive average DC voltage equation for rectifier and inverter in terms of ignition angle commutation reactance and extinction angle.
3. What is the purpose of filters in HVDC systems and give a design methodology for low pass filter.
4. Why HVDC controls is necessary and explain various portions of HVDC control characteristics.
5. Explain the objective of DC power modulation in detail.
6. Discuss series multi terminal HVDC system and its control.
7. What are the over voltages due to disturbances on AC system side explain them.
8. Write short notes on the following:
a) Surge arrestors.
b) Commutation failure.
- Download JNTU (OR) M.TECH 2-Semester HIGH VOLTAGE D.C.TRANSMISSION JULY/AUG-2006 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU M.TECH 1-Semester HIGH VOLTAGE D.C. TRANSMISSION February-2007 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU M.TECH 2-Semester HVDC TRANSMISSION JULY/AUG-2006 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU M.TECH 2-Semester POWER QUALITY JULY/AUG-2006 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU M.TECH 2-Semester FLEXIBLE A.C. TRANSMISSION SYSTEMS JULY/AUG-2006 Exam Question Paper
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription