Code No: R6-33-MCA R6
M.C.A. III Semester Supplimentary Examinations, Apr/May 2008
UNIX NETWORKS PROGRAMMING
– – – –
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Explain about Unix File System in detail.
(b) Explain about Vi editor.
2. Write a shell script to copy the contents of one file to another by changing the case.
3. (a) Write about different open flags.
(b) Write and Explain umask system call.
4. (a) Write about process identifiers.
(b) Write about fork ( ) system call and give an example.
5. Explain the following concepts about pipes
(a) Pipes between two process
(b) Pipes among three process in a shell.
6. (a) What is message queue identifier?
(b) Write about attributes of message on a queue?
7. Explain Unix kernel support for shared memory.
8. Write a C program for client in client / server communication using sockets.