Code No: R6-47-MCA R6
M.C.A. IV Semester Supplimentary Examinations, November 2008
DISTRIBUTED OPERATING SYSTEMS
– – – –
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Explain the term-Transparency with examples.
(b) Elaborate the term-scalability with suitable examples.
2. Explain the ATM protocol architecture with a neat diagram.
3. (a) What approach is best suited for distributed environment for handling deadlocks?
(b) What is a phantom deadlock? How to eliminate a Phantom deadlock?
4. What is meant by a thread? Explain the different organizations of threads models.
5. Explain the directory service interface of DFS.
6. Explain the DASH architecture.
7. Compare and contrast PRAM consistency model and weak consistency model.
8. Explain the role of network message server and UNIX emulator in MACHOS.