Code No: R6-44-MCA R6
M.C.A. IV Semester Supplimentary Examinations, November 2008
– – – –
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Compare and contrast top-down and bottom-up design.
(b) Discuss briefly about system integration in embedded system design process.
2. With neat diagrams, explain the different modes of operation of timer in 8051 microcontroller.
3. Explain briefly about programming tools and techniques.
4. (a) Discuss briefly about interrupts and interrupt handler subroutines in 8051 micro controller.
(b) Write an ALP in 8051 to find the maximum number from a given five 8-bit numbers.
5. Write the various methods for doubling the Baud rate in the 8051 micro controller.
6. (a) Write notes on Task and Task States.
(b) Explain how Tasks are different from functions and ISRs.
7. (a) Explain the role of Linker or Locators for an Embedded software.
(b) Briefly explain the Debugging Techniques employed in an Embedded system.
8. With the aid of CAN Bus Protocol Receiver architecture explain the various modules associated with it.