Code No: R6-54/MCA
M. C. A. V semester Regular Examinations, November 2008
SOFTWARE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Time: 3hours Max. Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE questions
All questions carry equal marks
– – –
1. a) What are the drawbacks of waterfall model?
b) Based on what parameters software cost can be estimated?
2. a) List advantages and drawbacks of custom software in comparison
with commercial components.
b) Explain principles of software management.
3. a) Give an overview of lifecycle software process Artifacts.
b) Explain about elaboration phase in lifecycle process.
4. a) From technical perspective discuss about software Architecture.
b) Describe iteration’s workflow sequence.
5. a) What is the need and contents of periodic status Assessment
b) Discuss about project planning using top-down and bottom-up
6. a) List software Management team activities.
b) Write about change Management team activities in interactive
7. a) What are the goals of software Metrics? Discuss in detail about
b) With some example applications explain process variability in
technical and management dimensions.
8. a) Explain features and benefits of a modern process from the
point of software project manager.
b) Discuss about changes in modern software economics.