Code No: NR-31-MCA
M.C.A.-III Semester Supplementary Examinations, December 2008.
DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Answer any FIVE questions
All questions carry equal marks
1.a) Explain 3-schema architecture.
b) Explain client/server architecture for DBMS.
2.a) Explain with an example division operation in relational algebra.
b) What do you mean by a safe expression.
c) Comment on the expressive power of relational algebra, triple relational calculus and demain relational calculus.
3.a) What are various decisions to be made in the design of E-R database schema.
b) Design a generalization – specialization hierarchy for a motor vehicle sales company. The company sells motor cycles, passenger car, vans, and buses. Justify your placement of attributes at each level of the hierarchy. Explain why they would not be placed at a higher or lower level.
4.a) Suppose that the schema R= (A,B,C,D,E) and the following set F of functional dependencies holds:
Give a loss less-join, dependency preserving decomposition into 3 NF of the schema R.
b) Explain in detail 4 NF.
5.a) Explain in detail RAID technology.
b) Explain with example dynamic hashing.
6.a) Explain with an example implementation of aggregate seperations.
b) Write on combining operations using pipelining.
7.a) Explain concurrency control based on timestamp ordering.
b) Explain two-phase locking with an example.
8.a) Explain recovery technique based on deferred updates.
b) Write on mandatory access control and rote based access control for multi level security.
- Download JNTU OR MCA 3-semester DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM December 2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU MCA 3-semester DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS April/May-2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU (OR) M.TECH 2-Semester ARCHITECTURE FOR SOFTWARE SYSTEMS JULY/AUG-2006 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU R5-R6 MBA 3-semester DATA WAREHOUSING AND DATA MINING December 2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU MCA 5-semester ADVANCED DATABASES November 2008 Exam Question Paper
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription