Code No: OR-16/EPS
M.Tech. I-Semester Examinations, January / February-2007.
(Electrical Power Systems)
Time: 3 hours Max. Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE questions
All questions carry equal marks
– – –
1. Explain the basic concept of probability theory. What are the rules
for combining probabilities of events. Explain it.
2. What is Binomial distribution? Explain expected value and
Standard Deviation for Binomial distribution.
3. Give evaluation of complex systems.
4. What are the different component reliability? Explain Hazard rate.
5. Describe the reliability evaluation of series and parallel system.
6. Describe Discrete Markov Chains. Give stochastic Transitional
7. Explain the network reduction techniques used in approximate
system reliability evaluation.
8. Write short note on:
(a) Frequency balance approach
(b) MTTF, MTTR
(c) Continuous Markov processes