Code No: OR
MCA I Semester Supplementary Examinations, August 2009
ACCOUNTING AND FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
Time :3hours Max.Marks:60
Answer any Five questions
All questions carry equal marks
– – –
1. Define accounting. State its functions. How does it differ from book-keeping?
2. Differentiate between:
a) Outstanding expenses and prepaid expenses
b) Outstanding Income and Accrued Income.
c) Interest on capital and Interest on drawing.
3. What do you understand by “under capitalization”. What are its effects? Also state the steps to be taken for its correction.
4. What is meant by “Ratio-Analysis”? Discuss its objectives and limitations.
5. What is Cost-Accounting? Describe its nature and importance.
6. What is meant by Break –Even analysis? Discuss the assumptions and the limitations of this technique /method.
7. Describe standard costing? Explain, how it differs from Budgetary control.
8. What is “Computerized Accounting System” (CAS)? Describe the advantages of CAS.