Code No: OR
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY HYDERABAD
MCA II Semester Supplementary Examinations, August 2009
BUSINESS DATA PROCESSING SYSTEMS
Time: 3hours Max. Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE questions
All questions carry equal marks
- – -
1.a) List the four divisions of the COBOL program. Explain the same with an example.
b) Write a COBOL program to convert temperature in Fahrenheit to centigrade.
2.a) What is the order of preference?
b) Discuss the purpose of ON SIZE ERROR option.
c) Write a COBOL program to convert an alphanumeric field called Name-in to all uppercase letters.
3.a) What is the purpose of MOVE statement? Give the syntax of the MOVE statement.
b) Write a COBOL program to perform addition of two matrices of dimension 3×3.
4.a) What is the purpose of EVALUATE statement? Give an example.
b) Write a COBOL program to find the factorial N.
5.a) What is trailer record? What is the purpose of the trailer record?
b) Explain the usage of OCCURS clause with an example.
c) Write Data Division and Procedure Division for creating a table to store the library details i.e title of the book, Authors name, and serial number.
6. Write a program to read a sales file, calculate profit, and print sales report.
7.a) Briefly explain Indexed files organization. When is Indexed file processing is used?
b) Write a short notes on ISAM.
c) Write COBOL program to SORT a set of n numbers in Descending order.
8. Write short notes on:
a) Rename clause.
b) Level number 66 and 88.
c) INSPECT verb.
d) Call verb.
- Download JNTU R6-R7 MCA 2-semester BUSINESS DATA PROCESSING August 2009 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU NR MCA 2-semester DATA PROCESSING THROUGH COBOL August 2009 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU R6-R7 MCA 3-semester UNIX NETWORKS PROGRAMMING December 2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU (OR) M.TECH 2-Semester ADVANCED UNIX PROGRAMMING JULY/AUG-2006 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU OR MCA 1-semester C-PROGRAMMING August 2009 Exam Question Paper
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription