Code No: OR-31-MCA
M.C.A.-III Semester Supplementary Examinations, December 2008.
DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Answer any FIVE questions
All questions carry equal marks
1. Explain with examples various database models.
2.a) Construct an E-R diagram for a university registrar’s office. The office maintains data about each class, including the instructor the enrollment, and the time and place of the class meetings. For each student-class pair, a grade is recorded. Document all assumptions that you make about the mapping constraints.
b) Explain the difference between a weak and a strong entity set with examples.
3.a) Give the formal definition for triple relational calculus. Cement on expressive power of the triple relational calculus.
b) Explain with an example how QBE allows queries that span several relations.
4.a) Explain with examples how database modification can cause violations of referential integrity.
b) Compute B+ of the following set I of functional dependencies for relation R= (A, B, C, D, E).
5. Explain in detail normalization using multivalued dependencies.
6. What is a B+ tree. How are the following operations executed on B+ tree
7. Explain in detail log-based recovery.
8.a) Explain validation based protocol.
b) Write on multiple granularity.
- Download JNTU NR MCA 3-semester DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM December 2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU MCA 3-semester DATABASE MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS April/May-2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU R5-R6 MBA 3-semester DATA WAREHOUSING AND DATA MINING December 2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU M.TECH 2-Semester INFORMATION RETRIEVAL SYSTEMS August/September-2007 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU OR MCA 2-semester DATA STRUCTURES August 2009 Exam Question Paper
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription