Code No: R5-R6-309MBA R5-R6
M.B.A. III Semester Regular Examinations, December 2008
FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS AND SERVICES
– – – –
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. What is financial Market? Discuss about the components of financial market.
2. Explain about the forms of financial assistance extended by GIC to industrial undertakings in India.
3. “There is an unhealthy competition between Banks in private sector and Public sector”. Discuss.
4. Discuss the evaluation of Non-Banking Financial Institutions (NBFI’s). Also state the categories of NBFI’s.
5. Explain the regulation for the protection of the Policy Holder Interest.
6. Explain the Concept, Classification and essential elements of Leasing.
7. Explain the salient features of SEBI framework with regard to Merchant Bankers.
8. Explain the role of SEBI in Investor Guidance and Education.