Code No: 32003
JAWAHARLAL NEHRU TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSTIY HYDERABAD
MCA II Semester Regular Examinations August 2009
Time : 3hours Max. Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE questions
All questions carry equal marks
- – -
1. Discuss in detail about personal computers, parallel systems, Real-time systems, and distributed systems.
2.a) What is meant by a process? Discuss about process concepts and scheduling.
b) Discuss in detail about Real-Time scheduling.
3.a) Distinguish between paging and segmentation. Discuss about segmentation with paging.
b) What is meant by Demand paging? Explain it with an example.
4. State and explain various file allocation methods and give suitable examples to each method.
5.a) What is a semaphore? Give an example of semaphore mechanism.
b) What is meant by mutual exclusion? Discuss mutual exclusion using semaphores.
6.a) Write the conditions for Dead lock. Discuss various strategies for deadlock prevention.
b) Discuss about deadlock avoidance.
7.a) Discuss about process management in UNIX.
b) Explain file systems of Linux system.
8. Write short notes on the following
a) Virtual machines
c) User interface in UNIX.
- Download JNTU MCA 3-semester UNIX NETWORKS PROGRAMMING April/May-2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU R6-R7 MCA 3-semester UNIX NETWORKS PROGRAMMING December 2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU MCA 5-semester ADVANCED DATABASES November 2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU MCA 4-semester DISTRIBUTED OPERATING SYSTEMS November 2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU (NR) M.TECH 2-Semester EMBEDDED SOFTWARE DESIGN March–2009 Exam Question Paper
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription