Code No: R6-R7-32MCA
M.C.A. III Semester Regular Examinations, December 2008
- – - -
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. Describe with a neat sketch OSI-reference model? Explain the goals of each and every layer?
2. (a) Describe any two methods of framing?
(b) Describe selective repeat sliding window protocol?
3. (a) What is Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) ? Explain its transmission?
(b) Explain how CDMA allocation scheme is different from others?
4. (a) Describe internal organization of the Network layer?
(b) Define adaptive and non adaptive routing algorithms?
5. (a) Explain about the transport service primitives.
(b) compare TCP with UDP.
6. (a) DNS uses UDP instead of TCP. If a DNS packet is lost, there is no automatic recovery .Does this cause a problem and if so ,how is it solved ?
(b) Can a machine with a single DNS name have multiple IP addresses ? How
could this occur.
7. (a) Explain about various Substitution Techniques.
(b) What is the difference between synchronous and Asynchronous Algorithms?
8. (a) Can IP Sec using AH be used in transport mode if one of the machines is
behind a NAT box? Explain your answer.
(b) Give any two reasons why PGP compresses messages.
- Download JNTU M.TECH 1-semester ADVANCED COMPUTER NETWORKS September–2009 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU M.TECH 1-Semester WIRELESS NETWORKS AND MOBILE COMPUTING March-2009 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU OR MCA 3-semester COMPUTER COMMUNICATION NETWORKS December 2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU M.TECH 1-Semester WIRELESS NETWORKS AND MOBILE COMPUTING February-2007 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU MCA 4-semester MOBILE COMPUTING November 2008 Exam Question Paper
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription