Code No: R6-R7-34MCA
M.C.A. III Semester Regular Examinations, December 2008
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
– – – –
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. List the various steps to be followed in detail for conversion of manual to computer based information. Describe briefly the potential benefits derived from computer based information system.
2. Define planning. Do plans change according to the level of management in business organizations? If yes, give the details of each plan.
3. Can you automate the process of decision making? The answer is ‘Yes’ and ‘No’. Explain. What best must be aimed at?
4. In relation to centralization versus decentralization, what are the major issues involving standards and ownership?
5. Sketch a table of role clarity of system designer and a general manager at the stage of development of alternative concepts for functional information systems.
6. Narrate and discuss in brief four principal sources for the design of the MIS which a designer utilizes.
7. List and explain various issues to be considered in preparing more detailed procedures for system implementation by the project leader.
8. Identify six planning problems that could adversely impact an MIS project.