Code No: R6-R7-33MCA
M.C.A. III Semester Regular Examinations, December 2008
UNIX NETWORKS PROGRAMMING
- – - -
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. (a) Explain about Unix File System in detail.
(b) Explain about Vi editor.
2. (a) Write a shell program to compute addition, subtraction, multiplication, division of any two numbers.
(b) Write a shell program to verify whether given number is palindrome or not.
3. Write a C program to lock a file.
4. Explain any three system calls which are useful to make a process to wait.
5. Briefly explain methods of inter process communication.
6. The syntax of msgsnd system call is int msgsnd(int msgfd, const void* msgptr, int length, int flag)
(a) Explain the pupose of msgfd, length, flag.
(b) Explain the return type.
(c) What is msgptr?
7. What are the limits of semaphores and in which header file these limits are defined?
8. What is bind function? Write a C program to use bind function.
- Download JNTU MCA 3-semester UNIX NETWORKS PROGRAMMING April/May-2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU (OR) M.TECH 2-Semester ADVANCED UNIX PROGRAMMING JULY/AUG-2006 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU R6-R7 MCA 1-semester OBJECT ORIENTED PROGRAMMING (THROUGH C++) August 2009 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU MCA 4-semester PERL PROGRAMMING November 2008 Exam Question Paper
- Download JNTU NR MCA 2-semester DATA PROCESSING THROUGH COBOL August 2009 Exam Question Paper
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription