Code No: R7-308MBA R7
M.B.A. III Semester Regular Examinations, December 2008
SECURITY ANALYSIS PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
– – – –
Time: 3 hours Max Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE Questions
All Questions carry equal marks
1. Enumerate the various types of orders in stock transactions. How do price-filters control circular trading?
2. Indifference curves used in portfolio theory relate the risk and the return. How is a portfolio’s risk measured? If an investor’s indifference curve is steeper than another investor’s, what does that indicate about their respective willingness to bear risk?
3. Compare and contrast CAPM and APT. Which of the two is a better model for pricing risky assets and why?
4. Describe the three techniques that are considered semi-active or active bond management strategies.
5. Explain the growth portfolio in practice with suitable examples.
6. Explain the premises on which technical analysis has been built.
7. The technical analyst places a great deal of importance on supply and demand instock pricing. Presumably the fundamental analyst also believes that supply anddemand are important. In what ways do the two groups disagree on the subject?
8. Discuss the factors responsible for the dramatic growth of swap markets?