Hi Friends here we are posting syllabus for School Assistants Perspectives in Education in respect to the guidelines given by the DSC TRT officials.
The main topics for Perspectives in Education are as follows ::
DSC SCHOOL ASSISTANTS SA PERSPECTIVES IN EDUCATION SYLLABUS (Marks: 10)
- 1. History of Education : Pre-Vedic and Post-Vedic period, Medieval Education, Recommendations of various committees during British period with special reference to Woods Despatch (1854), Hunter Commission (1882), Hartog Committee (1929), Sargent Committee (1944), Recommendations of various committees during post independent period with special reference to Mudaliar Commission (1952-53), Kothari Commission(1964-66), Ishwarbhai Patel committee (1977), NPE-1986, POA-1992
- 2. Teacher Empowerment : Meaning, interventions for empowerment, Professional code of conduct for teachers, Teacher motivation, Professional development of Teachers and Teacher organizations, National / State Level Organizations for Teacher Education, Maintenance of Records and Registers in Schools.
- 3. Educational Concerns in Contemporary India: Environmental Education, Meaning and scope of Environmental Education, Concept of sustainable development, Role of Teacher, School and NGOs in development and protection of environment, Democracy and Education, Equality, Equity, Quality in Education, Equality of Educational opportunities, Economics of Education, Meaning and scope, Education as Human Capital, Education and Human Resource Development, Literacy – Saakshar Bharat Mission, Population Education, Significance of Population Education, Population situation, policies and programmes in India, Approaches to Population Education and role of school and teacher, Themes of population Education, Family life Education, Sustainable development, Adolescence Education, Health Education, Gender – Equality, Equity and Empowerment of Women, Urbanization and migration, Life skills, Inclusive Education, Conceptual Clarification and Definition, Prevalence, Myths & Facts, Characteristics, Classification & Types, Importance of Early Identification and assessment, Planning Inclusive Education, Classroom Management in Inclusive Education, Evaluation, Documentation and Record Maintenance, PsychoSocial management, Awareness & Sensitization Strategies, Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization, Value Education, Sarva Siksha Abhiyan, National Programme for Education of Girls at Elementary Level (NPEGEL), Mid-day-meals, Rashtriya Madhyamika Siksha Abhiyan(RMSA), KGBVs and SUCCESS Schools.
- 4. Acts / Rights: Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009, Right to Information Act, 2005, Child Rights, Human Right.
- 5. National Curriculum Framework, 2005: Perspective, Learning and Knowledge, Curricular Areas, School Stages and Assessment, School and Classroom Environment, Systemic Reforms
DSC SECONDARY GRADE TEACHERS SGT PERSPECTIVES IN EDUCATION SYLLABUS (Marks: 10)
- 1. Education: Meaning, Aims of Education, Functions of Education, Types of Education; Constitutional Provisions, important articles and their Educational implications for General and disabled population; Universalization of Elementary Education – Schemes and Programmes to achieve UEE like OBB, APPEP, DPEP, SSA, Open schools, Mid-day-Meals; Recommendations of various committees and commissions during pre-independent and post-independent period.
- 2. Teacher Empowerment: Meaning, interventions for empowerment, Professional code of conduct for teachers, Teacher motivation, Professional development of Teachers and Teacher organizations, National / State Level Organizations for Teacher Education, Maintenance of Records and Registers in Schools.
- 3. Educational Concerns in Contemporary India : Inclusive Education: Conceptual Clarification and Definition, Prevalence, Myths & Facts, Characteristics, Classification & Types, Importance of Early Identification and Assessment, Planning Inclusive Education, Programming and Classroom Management in Inclusive Education, Evaluation, Documentation and Record Maintenance, Psycho-Social management, Awareness & Sensitization Strategies; Environmental Education: Concept, Objectives of Environmental Education, Environment and Natural Resources; Environmental Pollution – causes and effects and measures for the protection of environment, Development of Environmental Values through Environmental Education.
- Literacy: Saakshar Bharat Mission, National Programme for Education of Girls at Elementary Level (NPEGEL) School Health Programme, Disaster Management, Population Education, Adolescence Education and Life Skills, Liberalization, Privatization and Globalization, Value Education
- 4. Acts / Rights : Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009 and Andhra Pradesh Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Rules 2010, Child Rights, Human Rights
- 5. National Curriculum Framework, 2005 : Perspective, Learning and Knowledge, Curricular Areas, School Stages and Assessment, School and Classroom Environment, Systemic Reforms
Detailed Syllabus is as follows ::
- Concepts of Understanding the nature of education as a discipline/an area of study.
- Aspects of Education :: Liberal and vocational Education,Education for character formation,Education for democratic citizenship Education for National integration,Education for work culture, Education for Peace :: Scope and Functions of Education
- Issues related to education as interdisciplinary knowledge.
- Theories and basic concepts of education drawn from various disciplines cognate to education such as Philosophy, Psychology,Sociology, Management, Economics etc in such a way that their linkages with methods, pedagogy and practices in the classroom.
- Vision of school education and teacher education and also the vision of great educators.
- Emerging dimensions of school and teacher education.
- Analysis of concepts, principles, theories, assumptions and contexts related to issues that are unique to education discipline, sustainable education such as, schooling, curriculum, syllabus, text books, assessment, teaching-learning process etc and their linkage to pedagogy and practices.
- Aims of Indian Education in the context of a democratic, secular,and a humane society.
- Knowledge construction between:
- Content knowledge and Pedagogy knowledge
- School knowledge and out of the school knowledge
- Experiential knowledge and empirical knowledge
- Knowledge on action and reflection on outcome of action
- Theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge
- Universal knowledge and contextual knowledge.
- Concepts of quality and excellence in education- it’s relation to quality of life.
- Contribution of science and technology to education and challenges ahead.
- Dynamic relationship of education with the political process.
- Interrelation between education and development.
- Skills needed to design, implement and evaluate curricula, learning programs and classroom practices
There may be minor changes in the above mentioned syllabus.Here we are giving you an overview of the Perspectives in Education Syllabus but dont rely on this completely as said there may radical changes which will be updated or modified very soon.
- DSC Perspectives in Education Study Material
- TNTET Paper 1 Syllabus 2012 Mathematics,ES,English,Child Development & Pedagogy
- TNTET Paper 2 Syllabus 2012
- Tamilnadu TET TNTET 2012 Syllabus Exam Pattern
- TNTET Social Studies Syllabus 2012 Paper II
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription