ELECTRICAL OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS DAY-1
Daily 30 questions from all electrical topics..topic wise question and answers
check your knowledge by these questions….
DC BASICS AND NETWORKS
1.Charge on an electron is ?
a) 1.602 * 10-19 C. b) 1.602 * 10-19 μC.
c) 9.107 * 10-31 C. d) 9.107 * 10-25 C.
2) An electron having mass ‘m’ kg and charge ‘e’ columb travels from rest through a potential difference of ‘V’ volts. It has a kinetic energy of ?
a) mV joules b) m eV joules
c) eV joules d) m/e joules
AC BASICS AND NETWORKS
3) A current is said to be direct current when its ?
a) magnitude remains constant with time
b) magnitude changes with time
c) direction changes with time
d) magnitude and direction changes with time
4) A current is said to be alternating when it changes in ?
a) magnitude only b) direction only
c) both magnitude and direction d) none
5) The generator develops an electric pressure by ?
a) conversion of heat b) conversion of light
c) electro-magnetic induction d) conversion of chemical energy
6) The dc generator works on the principle of ? (asked in A.M.I.E summer 1994)
a) Fleming’s left hand rule
b) Fleming’s right hand rule
c) Lenz’s law d) none of the above
7) The basic function of a transformer is to change ? (asked in A.M.I.E summer 1994)
a) level of the voltage b) the power level
c) the power factor d) the frequency
8) Transformer is used ?
a) to step-up the voltage b) to step-down the voltage
c) on d.c d) to step-up or step-down the voltage
9) An electron device means the device in which the conduction of electrons takes place through ?
a) a gas b) vaccum c) a semi-conductor
d) a gas, semi-conductor or vaccum
10) Which of the following is used as a passive component in an electronic circuit ?
a) vaccum diode b) Zener diode
c) inductor d) SCR
11) Which is a conventional source of energy ?
a) solar b) radio-active substances
c) geothermal d) wind
12) The disadvantages of renewable source of energy is/are ?
a) intermittency b) lack of dependability
c) availability in low energy densities d) all the abaove
13) Transmission lines connect ?
a) generating station to a switching station / step down transformer station.
b) step down transformer station to service transformer banks
c) distribution transformer to consumer premises
d) service points to consumer premises
14) A 3-phase 4-wire system is commonly used for ?
a) primary distribution b) secondary distribution
c) primary transmission d) secondary transmission
UTILIZATION OF ELECTRICAL ENERGY AND TRACTION
15 ) The basic elements of an electric drive are :
a) electric motor and the transmission system
b) electric motor ,the transmission and control system
c) the transmission and control system
d) electric motor and conversion equipment
16) The main draw back of electric drive is that:
a) it is cumbersome drive
b) it is costlier in intial as well as in maintenance cost
c) electric power supply failure makes the drive standstill
d) all of the above.
17) The absolute measurement of resistance involves the measurement of ?
a) length and time b) length and mass
c) velocity d) either a or c
ANS : (d)
18 ) For absolute measurement of current the method commonly used is ?
a) electro-dynamometer method
b) tangent galvanometer method
c) Rayleigh current balance method
d) Lorenz method
19) Any physical system which does not automatically correct for variation in its output, is called ?
a) open loop system
b) closed loop system
c) unstable system
d) none of the above
20) open loop control system is one in which the control action ?
a) depends on the input signal
b) is independent of the desired output
c) depends on system variables
d) depends on system size
Categories:Uncategorized;Tags: DAILY OBJECTIVE ELECTRICAL QUESTIONS