ELECTRICAL OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS DAY-2
Daily questions from all electrical topics..topic wise question and answers
check your knowledge by these questions….
DC BASICS AND NETWORKS
1.The flow of electrical current in a conductor is due to flow of ?
a) electrons. b) protons.
c) electrons and ions. d) charged particles.
2) An electric current is the ?
a) random movement of electrons in a conductor
b) movement of free electrons predominately in one direction
c) pressure difference between two poles
d) the power that causes drift of electrons.
AC BASICS AND NETWORKS
3)The direction of current in an ac circuit ?
a) is from positive to negative.
b) is always in one direction.
c) varies from instant to instant.
d) cannot be determined.
4) When an electric current is passed through a bucket full of water, lot of bubbling in there–the electric current is ?
a) ac. b) dc.
c) pulsating. d) none
5) Which device illustrates the principle of electro-mechanical conversion ? (asked in B.T.E M.P 1996)
a) Amplifier. b)Battery charger.
c) Transformer. d) Electric bell.
6) Fleming’s left hand rule is applicable to ? (asked in B.T.E M.P 1992)
a) dc generator b) dc motor
c) alternator d) Transformer
7) In a transformer electrical power is transferred from one circuit to another with out change in ?
a) voltage b) current
c) frequency d) turns
8) The frequency of a voltage at the secondary is ? (A.M.I.E summer 1994)
a) greater than that of primary b) equal to that of primary
c) less than that of primary d) none
9) An example of solid state device is ?
a) zener diode b) triode c) pentode
10) Ratings on a capacitor are given 25μF , 12V. Also a plus sign is written near one of its terminals. The capacitor is ?
a) mica capacitor b) ceramic capacitor
c)electrolytic capacitor d) paper capacitor
11) Which of the following power plants is the least reliable ?
a) wind b) tidal
c) geothermal d) solor
12) Which of the following power plants is the most reliable ?
a) diesel b) Hydro-electric
c) steam d) tidal
13) Which of the following is usually not the generating voltage ?
a) 6.6 KV
b) 11 KV
c) 12.5 KV
d) 13.2 KV
14) The highest transmission voltage in india is ?
a) 750 KV b) 400 KV
c) 220 KV d) 132 KV
UTILIZATION OF ELECTRICAL ENERGY AND TRACTION
15 ) DC motors are still preferred for use in ?
a) electric excavators steel mills and cranes
b) lathes and machine tools
c) flour mills and jaw crushers
d) paper industry
16) The conversion of AC into DC can be affected by the use of ?
a) motor-generator set
b) mercury arc rectifier
c) silicon diodes
d) any of the above.
17) Zener diodes , when used as voltage standards ?
a) are forward biased b) are reverse biased
c) cover a wide range of current d) operate in breakdown strength
e) all of above except (a)
ANS : (e)
18 ) The material to be used in the manufacture of a standard resistor should be of ?
a) low resistivity
b) high resistivity and low temparature co-efficient
c) high temp co-efficient
d) low resistivity and high temparature co-efficient
19) Basic elements of a closed loop control system are the ?
a) feedback and controlled system
b) controller and controlled system
c) controlled system and servo system
d) feed back element and controlled system and controller
20) A closed loop control system is basically different from open loop control system due to ?
c) actuating signal
d) error signal