Previous Bank Exams General Awareness Question and Answers
1. 2012 Olympics will be held in…….
(a) Australia (b) India (c) London (d) Singapore
2. The Term “Balance of Payment” is used in relation to which of the following?
(a) Diplomatic Relations (b) Exports & Imports (c) Deficit in union budget (d) Annual production in a factory
3. One single statement that depicts the financial position of a Bank and /or business enterprise at a given point of time is called
(a) statement of product details (b) Reconciliation Statement (c) Quarterly returns submitted to RBI (d) Balance sheet
4. Whenever some people wish to enter into the business world, it is a must for them to approach a bank. What services do banks provide them in this regard?
(A) Banks act as payment agents by operating current accounts, paying cheques and receiving payments for them.
(B) Maintaining account books for them for their day-to-day activities so that they are not required to appoint account/finance personnel on a regular basis.
(C)Lending money by way of overdraft, instalment loan, credit or advance for business activities
(a) Only A (b) Only B (c) Only C (d) Only B & C (e) Only A & C
5. At present for the ATMs in India, the most commonly used net-work communication mode is ?
(a) Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) (b) General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) (c) Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) (d) Dial-in Connection
6. Which of the following organizations has provided a US $ 150 million loan to overhaul the khadi & Village Industry in India?
(a) IDBI Bank (b) Asian Development Bank (c) NABARD (d) World Bank
7. Which of the following banks were merged with SBI in 2010?
(a) state bank of Mysore (b) state bank of Indore (c) state bank of Hyderabad (d) state bank of Saurashtra
8. Which of the following organizations decided to provide grades to the merchant bankers so that they can track the market and ensure that only good issues arrive in the market ?
(a) RBI (b) SEBI (c) AMFI (d) Registrar of companies
9. Which of the following organizations laid down the guidelines for foreign companies who wish to raise money from Indian Capital markets ?
(a) RBI (b) IRDA (c) SEBI (d) Registrar of Companies
10. Match the following books with their authors:
(A) In Line of Fire (i) Pervez Musharraf
(B) My Name is Red (ii) Orhan Pamuk
(C) Call of Honour (iii) Sagarika Ghose
(D) Blind Faith (iv) Jaswant Singh
A B C D
(1) (ii) (i) (iii) (iv)
(2) (ii) (i) (iv) (iii)
(3) (i) (iii) (iv) (ii)
(4) (iii) (i) (ii) (iv)
(5) (iv) (ii) (i) (iii)
(a) 1 (b) 2 (c) 3 (d) 4 (e) 5
11. Many a times we read in news-paper about the benefits of National Electronic, Funds Trans-fer (NEFT) a delivery service launched by the bank. Why banks advocate for such delivery channels ?
1. It is a system in which no physical transfer takes place hence risk is very low.
2. In this system banks are not required to transfer any money actually to the account of the customer. Only book adjustment is done. Hence actual fund is not needed.
3. This facility is available to anybody at any place. Even having a bank account is not at all necessary.
(a) Only (1) is correct (b) Only (2) is correct (c) Only (3) is correct (d) Both (1) & (2) are correct (e) All (1), (2), (3) are correct
12. Which of the following is one of the two sub-schemes under the Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) launched in union budget 2011-2012 ?
(a) saffron mission (b) accelerated fodder development program (c) bringing green revolution to eastern India (d) national mission for protein supplements
13. Financial market department was setup in RBI in ?
(a) July 2005 (b) July 2006 (c) August 2005 (d) August 2006
14. 1. As per the existing norms and policies of the RBI, Banks are required to advance how much of their total advances to priority sectors ?
(a) 25% (b) 30% (c) 35% (d) 40%
15. . The RBI on July 5,2011 extended the ………. percent ceiling of bank investment in liquid schemes of mutual funds to include short-term debt funds.
(a) 5 (b) 8 (c) 10 (d) 12
1. London 2. Deficit in union budget 3. Balance sheet 4. Only A & C 5. Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) 6. Asian Development Bank 7. state bank of Indore 8. SEBI 9. RBI 10. 2 11. Both (1) & (2) are correct 12. saffron mission 13. July 2005 14. 40% 15. 10