Questions on General Awareness
1. What is Agha Khan Cup associated with ?
2. Which countries would be co-hosting the World Cup Cricket in 2011 ?
• Bangladesh, India, Sri Lanka
3. With which sport is Grand Slam associated ?
4. Who is the first tennis player to win 16 Grand Slam titles ?
• Roger Federer
5. Where is Wimbledon ?
• England (London)
6. With which sport do you associate the Hopman Cup ? Which country won it recently ?
• Hopman Cup is associated with tennis, Spain won it recently (Jan 2010)
7. With which sport do you associate the term ‘chinaman’ ?
8. In which context is the term ‘invisible trade’ used ?
• In economics, the exchange of physically intangible items between countries is known as invisible trade. Basic categories of invisible trade include income from foreign investment in the form of interest, profits and dividends, intellectual property and patents. It also includes the import and export of services such as tourism, banking, shipping and insurance.
9. What does ASEAN stand for ?
• Association of South East Asian Nations
10. What does SEZ stand for ?
• Special Economic Zones
11. Currently, how many states are members of the European Union (EU) ?
12. What is World Bank also known as ?
• International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
13. What does NAFTA relate to ?
• NAFTA stands for North American Free Trade Agreement. It is an agreement signed by the governments of Canada, Mexico and United States creating a trilateral trade block in North America. Itsgoal was to eliminate barriers of trade and investment between USA, Canada and Mexico.
14. What does NMCEX stand for ?
• National Multi Commodity Exchange Places
15. Where is Wall Street ?
• New York City, USA
16. In which country is Dubai located ?
• United Arab Emirates
17. Where is Antwerp- a leading place for cutting and trading diamond located ?
18. Which is the largest oil exporting country in the world ?
• Saudi Arabia
19. Lucknow is situated on the banks of which river ?
20. Where is the Kumbh Mela held ?
• Kumbh Mela is held on a rotational basis in four of the most holy hindu place in India- on the banks of Godavari river(Nasik), the Shipra river (Ujjain), the Ganges river (Haridwar) and convergence of the Ganges, Yamuna and Saraswati rivers in Allahabad/Prayag.
21. Doha came into prominence for being the venue of Fourth Ministerial Conference of the World Trade Organization (WTO) held in 2001. In which country is Doha situated ?
22. Which country will be hosting the next Olympic games ?
• England (London in 2012)
23. Which country gives Magsaysay awards ?
24. Which place is associated with the death of Buddha ?
25. Where is Telangana located ?
26. In which country was the UN Climate Change Summit held in December 2009 ?
• Copenhagen, Denmark
27. The tallest building of the world is located in which country ?
• Burj Khalifa, Dubai, UAE
28. Where is the Gobi desert ?
29. Where is the headquarter of WTO ?
• Geneva, Switzerland
30. Which country is the largest producer of coffee ?
31. Where is Hollywood ?
• United States
32. Which place in the world is called “The Gift of Nile” ?
33. Which city in India is called “The City of Golden Temple” ?
34. Which continent is called “The Dark Continent” ?
35. In India, which city is called “The City of Palaces” ?
36. Where is the “Jagannath Temple” situated in the country ?
37. In which Part of India is Buland Darwaza located ?
• Fatehpur Sikri, Agra
38. Which famous caves are situated in Aurangabad, Maharashtra ?
39. What is Anand city in Gujarat famous for ?
40. Where is Vijay Ghat situated ?
• New Delhi
41. Where is Bhabha Atomic Research Center situated ?
42. Where are the Head Quarters of the Central Railway Zone situated ?
43. Where is the Deepest port in the India situated on the eastern coast ?
44. Which is India’s oldest and biggest Nuclear Power Station ?
45. Which country in the world has the highest Life Expectancy ?
46. Which is the smallest country in the world ?
• Vatican City
47. What is a Lactometer ?
• It is an instrument for estimating the purity or richness of milk. It is used to find the amount of water in the milk. It works on the principle of specific gravity of milk.
48. What does lack of Vitamin ‘A’ result in ?
• Vitamin A deficiency usually results in night blindness, diminishes the ability to fight infections, abnormal functioning of many epithelial cells, abnormal bone growth.
49. What is the full form for AIDS ?
• Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
50. Which virus is responsible for Swine flu ?
51. What is the study of insects called ?
52. Why is salt iodized ?
• Salt is iodized to ensure adequate amount of iodine in the diets of the people. Iodine is a necessary nutrient and its deficiency leads to diseases such as thyroid, goitre, mental retardation etc.
53. What is Charakasamhita ?
• It is the main ayurvedic text that deals with medicines and non surgical methods of ayurveda.
54. What is the number of heart beats per minute of an average adult at rest?
• Seventy Two
55. Beri-Beri is the deficiency disease caused by which vitamin ?
• Deficiency of vitamin B1
56. Where is the river Danube ?
57. Which planet is called the red planet ?
58. What is the main active constituent of tea and coffee ?
59. What is ornithology ?
• Study of birds.
60. What is the study of shells called ?
61. What is dactylology ?
• The use of fingers and hands to communicate and convey ideas, as in the manual alphabets used by hearing impaired and speech impaired people.
62. How many bones in the human body ?
• 206 (208 if the sternum is considered as three bones)
63. What is hydroponics ?
• It is a method of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, in water without soil
64. What is thyroid ?
• It is one of the largest endocrine glands in the body. This gland is found in the neck. The thyroid controls how quickly the body uses energy, makes proteins, and controls how sensitive the body should be to other hormones.
65. Name a gas used in electric bulb.
66. What is the condensed atmospheric water vapour due to cooling of the air called ?
67. What do you call it when the atmospheric moisture touches cold earth and condenses on dust particles ?
68. What is a part of desert where water and vegetation are found ?
69. What is the land covered with natural grass called ?
70. Azim Premji is the chairman of which company ?
71. Lakshmi Mittal has been in the news for acquiring a steel making company Arcelor. Arcelor is based in which country ?
72. Who is the chairman of JET Airways ?
• Naresh Goyal
73. Who discovered the sea route from Europe to India ?
• Vasco Da Gama
74. Who discovered penicillin ?
• Alexander Fleming
75. Who discovered dynamite ?
• Alfred B. Nobel
76. Who was the first Indian to win the Nobel Prize ?
• Rabindra Nath Tagore for literature
77. Who invented television ?
• Philo T. Farnsworth
78. Who is the CEO of Apple Computers ?
• Steve Jobs
79. Who is Warren Buffett ?
• Warren Buffett is an American investor, industrialist and philanthropist. He is also the CEO and chairman of Berkshire Hathaway and is amongst the top three richest people in the world.
80. Which Indian Economist received the Noble Prize in the year 1998 ?
• Amartya Sen
81. Who is the first lady President of India ?
• Mrs. Pratibha Devi Singh Patil
82. Who was the first Prime Minister of India ?
• Mr. Jawaharlal Nehru
83. Who was the first President of India ?
• Dr. Rajendra Prasad
84. What is unique about the new President of India ?
• She is the first woman President of India
85. Who drafted the first Constitution of India ?
• Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar
86. If it is 1:30 p.m. in India, what is likely to be the local time in London ?
• 8:00 am
87. What does ISD stand for ?
• International Subscriber Dialling
88. The brand ‘Vicks’ is marketed by which Company ?
89. Which dance form is most popular in Kerala ?
90. Haiti, a Caribbean nation was in the news recently. Why ?
• Because of earthquake
91. What is Brahmos ?
• It is the name of a missile.
93. Army Day is celebrated in India on which date ?
• January 15th
94. Grammy award is given in which field ?
95. Which Indian has recently received two Grammy awards ?
• A R Rahman
96. The Economic Times ‘Company of the Year’ award for 2009 was given to
which company ?
• Hero Honda
97. With which industry would you associate Uninor ?
98. Which is the longest river in the world ?
99. What is FIEO ?
• Federation of Indian Export Organization
100. Where is the headquarter of IAEA ?
• International Atomic Energy Agency is headquartered in Vienna,
101. What is the equatorial diameter of earth ?
• 12,756.1 km
102. What is a statement of oath for use as evidence in legal proceedings ?
103. What is an exclusive right of an author in his works ?
104. What is an Agreement under seal between two or more persons called ?
105. What is a directive from a court of law ordering a person to appear
before it at a specified date, time and place ?
- PAPERS | SBI GENERAL AWARENESS 2008 SOLVED QUESTION PAPER
- PAPERS | ALLAHABAD BANK SAMPLE SOLVED PAPER 2008(GENERAL AWARENESS)
- PAPERS | ANDHRA BANK SPECIAL OFFICERS GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER
- PAPERS | BANK PO (PROBATIONARY) OFFICER’S GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER
- BANK OF INDIA PO 2010 GENERAL AWARENESS SOLVED PAPER
Categories:BANK EXAMS, PREPARATION MATERIALS;Tags: BANK CLERK GK QUESTIONS, BANK EXAMS GK, BANK PO GENERAL AWARENESS, BANK PO GK QUESTIONS, BANL EXAMS GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, CURRENT GENERAL KNOWLEDGE 2011, CURRENT GK, DOWNLOAD GK PAPERS, GENERAL AWARENESS, GENERAL AWARENESS BANK EXAMS, GENERAL KNOWLEDGE 2011, GENERAL KNOWLEDGE QUESTION PAPERS, GK, GK 2011 WITH ANSWERS, GK question and answers, GK-2011, HISTORY GK, OBJECTIVE GK, ONLINE GK 2011 QUESTIONS
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription