Question 2 : What are your greatest strengths?
TRAPS: This question seems like a softball lob, but be prepared. You don’t want to come across as egotistical or arrogant. Neither is this a time to be humble.
BEST ANSWER: You know that your key strategy is to first uncover your interviewer’s greatest wants and needs before you answer questions. And from Question 1, you know how to do this.
Prior to any interview, you should have a list mentally prepared of your greatest strengths. You should also have, a specific example or two, which illustrates each strength, an example chosen from your most recent and most impressive achievements.
You should, have this list of your greatest strengths and corresponding examples from your achievements so well committed to memory that you can recite them cold after being shaken awake at 2:30AM.
Then, once you uncover your interviewer’s greatest wants and needs, you can choose those achievements from your list that best match up.
As a general guideline, the 10 most desirable traits that all employers love to see in their employees are:
- A proven track record as an achiever…especially if your achievements match up with the employer’s greatest wants and needs.
- Intelligence…management “savvy”.
- Honesty…integrity…a decent human being.
- Good fit with corporate culture…someone to feel comfortable with…a team player who meshes well with interviewer’s team.
- Likeability…positive attitude…sense of humor.
- Good communication skills.
- Dedication…willingness to walk the extra mile to achieve excellence.
- Definiteness of purpose…clear goals.
- Enthusiasm…high level of motivation.
- Confident…healthy…a leader.
- INTERVIEW | TELL ME ABOUT YOURSELF? HOW TO ANSWER THIS QUESTION
- INTERVIEW | TELL ME ABOUT YOUR WEAKNESSES? BEST ANSWER
- COMMON INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ASKED IN MBA ADMISSIONS,TIPS
- MBA ADMISSIONS INTERVIEW PREPARATION, HOW TO PREPARE MBA INTERVIEW
- MBA ADMISSIONS INTERVIEW GENERAL RECOMMENDATIONS
Categories:JOB GUIDANCE;Tags: ANSWERS, HOW TO ANSWER INT, IMPORTANT INTERVIEW QUESTIONS, INTERVIEW, INTERVIEW QUESTIONS WITH ANSWERS, questions, TIPS, TOUGHEST INTERVIEW QUESTIONS, TRICKS, WHAT ARE YOUR GREATEST STRENGTHS?
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription