IOCL GAE JOBS RECRUITMENT 2010
INDIAN OIL CORPORATION LIMITED
BE/B.Tech (Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Instrumentation & Control Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical /Materials Engineering, Electrical Engineering)
Location: Any where in India
Job Category: Govt Sector, Technical
Last Date: 12 February 11
Job Type: Full Time Hiring
IndianOil is looking for bright result–oriented professionals to join its journey of growth. Applications are invited for the position of Engineers/ Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) in the following engineering disciplines:
- Chemical Engineering (Including Petrochemicals engineering)
- Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/ Transportation engineering)
- Electrical Engineering ( including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Telecommunication engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/ Telecommunication engineering)
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ Manufacturing/ Industrial engineering)
- Metallurgical Engineering
Educational Qualification :-
Minimum educational qualification for employment in above mentioned positions are :
Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology in the above mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only) from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
Candidates (belonging to general and OBC category) should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations. It is relaxed to ‘pass class’ for SC/ST/PH candidates.
Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st July 2011.
Age Limit : Maximum 26 years as on 30th June 2011 for the general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PH candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directive.
Remuneration Package : Candidates selected as engineers/officers will receive a provisional starting basic pay of Rs.24,900/-per month.
Graduate Apprentice Engineers (GAEs) : Candidates selected as GAEs for one-year apprenticeship training will be paid consolidated stipend @ Rs.20,000/- per month.
Physical Fitness :–
Desirous candidates seeking employment with IndianOil needs to be medically fit as per IndianOil’s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination’ before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available in the following link :
Selection, Training and Placement :
The selection methodology will comprise of the following:
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineers (GATE) 2011 score of the candidates in the concerned disciplines. The graduate engineers from the relevant disciplines, desirous of taking up a career with IndianOil are required to appear in GATE –
On the basis of GATE-2011 score, the candidates will be short listed for further selection process comprising of :
- Group Discussion / Group Task
- Personal Interview for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
- Please note that only GATE-2011 score is valid for this recruitment exercise. GATE score of 2010 or prior to that is not valid.
Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
Selected candidates shall have all-India transfer liability and may be posted to any Division / Unit / Subsidiary Company / Office of the Corporation.
General category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.1,00,000 (Rs.25000/- for SC/ST/OBC & PH candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining (date of appointment as Engineer in case of GAEs after successful completion of training).
How to apply
- GATE-2010 is scheduled on 13th February 2011. For detailed information on GATE-2011, interested candidates may log on to http://www.gate.iitm.ac.in or websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- Candidates need to purchase the GATE application form as per the information provided in GATE-2011 websites. They should fill-in and submit the GATE application form as instructed by the GATE authorities and wait for the admit card to get the GATE registration number
- The candidates will receive their GATE-2011 registration number printed on their admit card. On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply to Indian Oil on-line. The relevant link will be made available from 10th January 2011 at the ‘Careers’ link of Indian Oil website www.iocl.com.
- Candidates should click on the on-line application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2011 registration number.
- Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form.
- Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference.
- The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same submitted along with GATE-2011 application form. In case the candidate called for GD/GT and interview, he/she should come with this printed application form, along with GATE-2011 admit card and GATE-2011 official score card.
12th February 2011 is the last date for receiving application online.
Note : There is no separate fee for applying to Indian Oil