M.Tech. I-Semester Regular Examinations, March-2008.
Time: 3 hours Max. Marks: 60
Answer any FIVE questions
All questions carry equal marks.
1. Describe the preparation, mechanism of action, advantages and
disadvantages of the various types of Vaccines used presently in
2. Describe the preparation and characterization of monoclonal
antibodies using MURINE HYBIDOMAS.
3. Describe the following phenomena mediated by T-Lymphocytes
with a suitable example:
a) Helper Function
4. Describe indetail the structure and function of IgE. How is IgE
measured in plasma?
5. Discuss the mechanisms involved in development of “SELF”
Tolerance during lymphocyte development. Compare the salient
features of induction of tolerance experimentally in T and B cells.
6. Describe the structure and function of antigen receptors on T & B
7. Describe the preparation, characterization and uses of
8. Write short notes on:
a) Toll-Like Receptors
c) Chimeric Antibodies