Code No: 7A107/MT
M.Tech. – I Semester Supplementary Examinations,
Time: 3hours Max. Marks:60
Answer any FIVE questions
All questions carry equal marks
– – –
1. Describe the general properties of cytokines. Give the source and
Immune Functions of the following cytokines:
(a) Interleukin – 2 (b) Interferon gamma
(c) Interleukin – 6
2. Discuss the protocols for antigen non-specific and antigen specific
T-Lymphocyte cloning. Describe the clinical applications of T-Cell
3. Describe the structure and function of the following
(a) Monomeric IGM (b) Secretary IgA.
4. Discuss the various strategies adopted for the preparation of
recombinant antibodies and outline the advantages of each.
5. Describe briefly the steps involved in the preparation and selection
of a antigen specific B cell Hybridoma.
6. Describe the principle, protocol and advantages of the following
(a) Radio Immuno Array
(b) Fluorescence Immuno assay.
7. Describe the preparation, characterization and CLICAL uses of
8. Write short notes on:
(a) Anti-Idiotypic Vaccines
(b) Hap tens
(c) CD Markers
(d) Acute Phase proteins.