Code No: A0307
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad
M.Tech I Semester Supplementary Examinations September-2009
Time: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 60
Answer any Five Questions
All Questions Carry Equal Marks
1. a] What are the different methods by which human beings attain immunity.
b] How would you distinguish between active and passive immunity?
2. a] Differentiate between T and B lymphocytes.
b] Write a note on agglutination reaction.
3. a] Explain the role of HLA in transplantation.
b] What is immunological tolerance?
4. a] Describe the structure of an immunoglobulin.
b] What are the different classes of immunoglobulins?
5. Write short notes on
b) Chimeric antibodies
6. a] What is the role of peripheral lymphoid organs.
b] Describe the technique of ELISA.
7. a] How are recombinant vaccines produced? What are their applications?
b] What are the properties of anti idiotypic vaccines?
8. a] Describe the production and applications of monoclonal antibodies.
b] What are the general properties of an antigen- antibody interaction?