NTPC Finance Executive Trainee ET-Fin Sample Written Test Paper
Part-I Technical (Finance)
1) A company has a cost that is Rs. 6.00 per unit at a volume of 9,000 units and Rs. 6.00 per unit at a volume of 12,000 units. The cost comes under which of the following categories?
2) Sales total is Rs.200, 000 when variable costs total is Rs.150, 000 and fixed costs total is Rs.30,000. What is the breakeven point in sales (in rupees)?
A) Rs. 40,000
B) Rs. 200,000
D) Rs. 30,000
3) A project has an initial cost of Rs.90,000 and it is expected to generate an ordinary annuity for ten years. For the project to be accepted, what should be the minimum annuity amount (to the nearest rupee) when the required rate of return is 10%?
A) Rs.14, 647
B) Rs.17, 542
C) Rs.9, 000
D) Rs.18, 000
4) Which of the following will appear in the profit and loss appropriate in account?
A) Provision for taxation for the current year
B) Proposed dividend
C) Penalty paid under disputes
D) Directors’ remuneration
Part-II Non Technical (Execuitve Aptitude Test)
1)15 men could finish a piece of work in 210 days. But at the end of 100 days, 15 additional men are employed. In how many more days will the work be complete?
2) There are two pipes in a tank. Pipe A is for filling the tank and pipe B is for emptying the tank. If A can fill the tank in 10 hours and B can empty the tank in 15 hours then find how many hours will it take to completely fill a half empty tank?
Directions for Questions 3-6:
Study the following figure and answer the questions given below.
3) If hospital management requires only married trained nurses for operation theater, which part of diagram should be chosen by him?
A) 7 B) 4 C) 5 D) 6
4) By which number, married but untrained nurses in the hospital are represented?
A) 4 B)6 C) 7 D) 5
5) What is represented by the number 7?
A) Married nurses in the hospital
B) Trained nurses
C) Unmarried trained nurses
D) Married trained nurses