Railway Budget 2016-2017 Important Highlights. Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu announced the Rail Budget for 2016-17 in the Parliament on 25th February 2016. This is the Second Railway Budget for Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu.
Theme of the Railway Budget 2016-17
- Overcoming challenges – Reorganize, Restructure Rejuvenate Indian Railways: ‘Chalo, Milkar Kuch Naya Karen’
- Three pillars of the strategy i.e. Nav Arjan – New revenues, Nav Manak – New norms, Nav Sanrachna – New Structures.
List of Important Highlight of Railway Budget 2016-17
- No Passenger Fare hikes.
- Aiming to achieve operation ratio of 92 percent
- More than 8 lakh crore to be spent on Rail Infrastructure in Coming 5 years.
- Wi-Fi provided in 100 stations, to be provided in 400 more.
- India’s first rail auto hub will be inaugurated in Chennai.
- Target to Commission 1000 MW of Solar Capacity in next Five Years.
- 2,800 km of broad gauge track conversion envisaged
- Antyodaya Express unreserved, superfast service
- Deen Dayalu coaches – unreserved coaches with potable water and higher number of mobile charging points
- 3 New Super Fast Trains : Humsafar Express, Tejas, Uday
- 17,000 additional bio-toilets to be provided in trains by the end of current financial year
- 50% increase in the Lower berth quota for Senior Citizens
- Eliminate all unmanned level crossings by 2020
- e-ticketing system capacity increased from 2,000 tickets/min to 7,200 tickets/min
- CCTV surveillance for all major stations
- GPS based Digital Displays inside coaches to provide real time information regarding upcoming stations.
- Aastha circuit trains to connect important pilgrim centres
- Two Mobile Apps to deal with Ticket issues and receipt of Complaints and Suggestions.
- FM Radio stations for providing train borne entertainment
- ‘Clean my Coach’ service through SMS
- Additional 30,000 bio-toilets by next financial year
- World’s first Bio-Vacuum toilet developed
- Interaction and feedback through social media & dedicated IVRS system
- 1,780 Automatic Ticket Vending Machines
- Application of Track Management System (TMS) launched
- Rail Mitra Sewa for old and disabled passengers
- Janani Sewa for providing food for children (Baby Food, Hot Milk and Hot Water)
- SMART (Specially Modified Aesthetic Refreshing Travel) Coaches:Automatic doors, Bar-code readers, Bio-Vacuum toilets, Water-Level indicators, Accessible Dustbins, Ergonomic Seating, improved aesthetics, Vending Machines, Entertainment Screens, LED lit boards for advertising, PA system
- SPV with assistance of the Government of Japan for Ahmedabad-Mumbai Bullet train
- Facility of Ticket Cancellation through 139 helpline.
- Optional Travel Insurance for Rail journeys at the time of booking
- Online Booking of retiring rooms through IRCTC
- Finalised bids for Two Loco Factories under Make in India initiative.
Highlights of Railway Budget 2016-17
we will update more information regarding the Indian Railway Budget 2016-17 in the page. Bookmark this page using Ctrl+D to get latest updates of Rail Budget 2016.