KPSC SAMPLE PAPERS | KPSC SOLVED PAPERS | KPSC MODEL PAPERS | KPSC QUESTION PAPERS | EXCISE INSPECTOR SAMPLE PAPER | KERALA KPSC EXAM PAPERS | KPSC EXAM QUESTIONS
Examination For Excise Inspector
(Intelligence, Observation and General Knowledge)
Maximum: 100 marks
Time: 3 hours
Answer all questions including objective type questions inseparate answer book supplied. Do not write your answers in the question paper:
Part I (55 marks)
1. If IUIJT means Green then what does XLSQKA mean.
(a) INDIGO (b) VIOLET (c) PURPLE (d) ORANGE
2. If Malu says “Raju’s father is the only son of my father”, how is Malu related to Raju:
(a) Daughter (b) Mother (c) Sister (d) None of these.
(a) Z (b) A (c) X (d) Y
4. Life of RBC in human blood is:
(a) 30 days (b) 60 days (c) 120 days (d) 15 hour
5. Ratan ranked 8th from the top and 37th from the bottom in the class. How many students are there in the class:
(a) 44 (b) 46 (c) 45 (d) 43
6. Artical is to magazine as slokas is to Ã¢â‚¬â€
(a) Ascetic (b) Veda (c) Recite (d) Book
7. A father is twice as old as his son 20 years ago, the age of the father was 12 times the age of the son. The present age of the son is:
(a) 44 years (b) 22 years (c) 40 years (d) 20 years
8. Which river crosses the equator twice?
(a) Amazon (b) Congo (c) Nile (d) Orinoco
9. A piece of wood is floating in water. If we heat the water the piece of wood will:
(a) Increase in size (b) Rise a little (c) Float at the same level (d) Sink a little
10. The gland, which in relation to body size is largest at birth and then gradually shrinks after puberty is:
(a) Thyroid (b) Pituitary (c) Thymus (d) Adrenal
11. In fireworks, the green flame is produced because of:
(a) Mercury (b) Barium (c) Sodium (d) Potassium
12. Which plant of the solar system spins on its axis at the fastest rate?
(a) Mercury (b) Earth (c) Jupiter (d) Saturn
13. The salient feature of Rig vedic religion was the worship of:
(a) Nature (b) Pashupati (c) Mother Goddess (d) Trimurti
14. If two equations 45 + 15 = 30, 17 + 7 = 10 are solved on the basis of a certain system. Then, 52 + 25 = ?
(a) 77 (b) 27 (c) 50 (d) 45
15. The court language of the Mughals was:
(a) Arabic (b) Persian (c) Hindustani (d) Urdu
16. World’s largest producer of wool is:
(a) Australia (b) UK (c) Argentina (d) South Africa
17. Which among the following plateaus is not a desert?
(a) Sahara (b) Patagonian (c) Colorado (d) Bohemian
18. The largest lake is:
(a) Lake superior (b) Caspain sea (c) Lake Thanganika (d) lake Titicaca
19. The planet having highest number of satellites:
(a) Saturn (b) Neptune (c) Venus (d) Jupiter
20. Smallest living cell is that of a
(a) Bacterium (b) Bread mold (c) Mycoplasma (d) Virus
21. A person can swim comfortably in water. This is due to:
(a) Pascal’s law (b) Archimedes principle (c) Newton’s III law (d) None of the above
22. Pencil lead is made up of
(a) Graphite (b) Charcoal
(c) Lead oxide (d) Sugar charcoal
23. ‘Give us good mothers and I shall give you good nation’. These words were said by:
(a) Winston Churchill (b) Mahatma Gandhi (c) Napoleon (d) Abraham Lincoln
24. To make rubber strong and bounceable, we add:
(a) Sponge (b) Sulphuric Acid (c) Sulphur (d) Petroleum jelly
25. ‘Zero’ was invented by the:
(a) Indians (b) Arabs (c) Egyptians (d) Greeks
26. Milk tastes sour when kept in the open for sometime due to the formation of:
(a) Carbonic acid (b) Lactic acid (c) Citric acid (d) Malic acid
27. Rain drops are spherical in shape. This is due to:
(a) Viscosity of water (b) Evaporation (c) Air friction (d) Surface tension
28. Longest river of Asian continent is:
(a) Lena (b) Indus (c) Howang ho (d) Yangtze
29. Perigee and Apogee are caused due to:
(a) Moon’s revolution (b) Earth’s revolution (c) Moon’s rotation (d) Earth’s rotation
30. Which was the building about which it was written that ‘If there is an Eden of bless in the earth, it is this, nothing but this’:
(a) Taj Mahal (b) Moti Masjid (c) Diwani Khaz (d) Panch Mahal
31. What is a Black Hole?
(a) Vacuum in space (b) A dying star (c) A spot in the sun (d) A type of meteorite
32. Who is the author of the book ‘My Presidential Years’?
(a) Neilam Sanjeev Reddy (b) R. Venkataraman (c) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (d) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan
33. The sex of a child is determined by:
(a) Chromosomes of father (b) Chromosomes of mother (c) Rh factor of parents (d) Blood group of father
34. ‘The council if Nine Gems’ is associated with the name of :
(a) Harshavardhana (b) Devapala (c) Chandragupta II (d) Bellala Sena
35. Mixing up of molecules of different gases is called:
(a) Dispersion (b) Diffusion (c) Drifting (d) Osmosis
36. An object weighs maximum in:
(a) Air (b) Water (c) Hydrogen (d) Vacuum
37. Railway was first introduced in India by:
(a) Lord Curzon (b) Lord Mountbatten (c) Lord Dalhousie (d) Lord Bentinc
38. ‘Gobar gas’ contains mainly:
(a) Methane (b) Carbon-dioxide (c) Acetylene (d) Ethylene
39. By the use of which of the following types of lens can myopia be corrected
(a) Biconcave (b) Concave (c) Convex (d) Plano-concave
40. Who among the following was associated with the ancient system of medicine?
(a) Bhaskara (b) Kalhana (c) Somadeva (d) Charaka
41. Which of the following cities are connected by National Highway No.1?
(a) Mumbai to Delhi (b) Delhi to Chennai (c) Delhi to Amritsar (d) Jaipur to Delhi
42. When a moving bus stops suddenly, the passengers and pushed forward because of the:
(a) Friction between earth and bus (b) Friction between passengers and earth
(c) Inertia of the passengers (d) Inertia of the bus
43. Oil refineries are located in all the following States, Except:
(a) Andhrapradesh (b) Kerala (c) Madhyapradesh (d) Tamilnadu.
44. Vande Mataram was taken from:
(a) Rajatharangini (b) Anada Math (c) Akbar Nama (d) Akbarkosha
45. ‘Dome of the Rock’, a monument in Jerusalem is held sacred by the:
(a) Muslims (b) Christians (c) Jews (d) Zoroastrians
46. What is the folk dance of Meghalaya?
(a) Nati (b) Bamboo dance (c) Loho (d) None of these
47. Ajanta Paintings depict sences from the:
(a) Ramayana (b) Mahabharata (c) Jatakas (d) Upanishads
48. Who is the author of ‘A Passage to England’?
(a) E. M. Forster (b) Nirad C. Chaudhuri (c) G.B Shaw (d) Winston Churchill
49. 2004 Olympic Games will be held in:
(a) Sydney (b) Berlin (c) Athens (d) Barcelona
50. Cattle-bone power is used as fertiliser since it is rich in:
(a) Nitrogen (b) Chloride (c) Sodium (d) Phosphorus
51. Nasik is situated on the banks of river:
(a) Godavari (b) Narmada (c) Tapti (d) Ganga
52. The unit of currency used in Germany is:
(a) Yen (b) Peso (c) Mark (d) Russia
53. Which one of the following is not a fundamental right?
(a) Right against exploitation (b) Right to equality (c) Right to freedom of religion (d) Right to property
54. The second largest island in the world is:
(a) Bornes (b) Madagascar (c) New Guinea (d) Greenland
55. Ferozabad in UP is famous for its:
(a) Leather industry (b) Glass industry (c) Rubber industry (d) Cotton industry
Part II (Essays) (45 marks)
Write essays on any three of the following topics. No essay should exceed 600 words. Each essay carry 15 marks.
56. National Integration.
57. Equality for women.
58. Environmental Pollution.
59. Corruption in Public Life.
60. India in 2002 AD.
61. Advantages and disadvantages of television.
62. Functioning of Grama Sabha.
63. International Terrorism.
64. Functions of NABARD.
|1 B||11 B||21 C||31 B||41 C||51 A|
|2 C||12 C||22 A||32 B||42 C||52 C|
|3 D||13 A||23 C||33 A||43 C||53 D|
|4 C||14 B||24 C||34 C||44 B||54 C|
|5 C||15 B||25 A||35 D||45 A||55 B|
|6 B||16 A||26 B||36 A||46 C|
|7 B||17 D||27 D||37 C||47 C|
|8 B||18 B||28 D||38 A||48 C|
|9 D||19 A||29 A||39 B||49 C|
|10 C||20 D||30 A||40 D||50 D|
- KPSC SDA Key Answers 2011,kpsc.kar.nic.in Second Division Assistants Answer Keys 2011
- PAPERS | KERALA KPSC MOTOR MECHANIC EXAM SAMPLE QUESTION PAPER
- SOLVED | KERALA KPSC EXAM SAMPLE PAPER | LABORATORY ASSISTANT
- SOLVED | KERALA KPSC EXAM SAMPLE PAPER | MOTOR MECHANIC (GROUND WATER)
- PAPERS | KERALA KPSC FOREST GUARD EXAM SAMPLE SOLVED PAPER-2
Categories:KPSC;Tags: KERALA KPSC EXAM PAPERS, KERALA KPSC EXAMINATION, KERALA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION EXAM, KPSC, KPSC EXAM QUESTION PAPERS, KPSC EXAM QUESTIONS, KPSC EXCISE INSPECTOR PAPERS, KPSC EXCISE INSPECTOR SOLVED PAPERS, KPSC MODEL PAPERS, KPSC QUESTION PAPERS, KPSC SAMPLE PAPERS, KPSC SOLVED PAPERS, SOLVED QUESTION PAPERS, SOLVED SAMPLE PAPERS
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription