SYLLABUS FOR CGLE TIER-I EXAMINATION :
The CGLE Examination will comprise of two Tiers of Written Objective Type examination followed by Computer Proficiency Test/ Interview/Skill test.And Note that CGLE Tier-I examination is used to screen the candidates for appearing in Tier-II examination ,However, marks of such screened candidates in Tier-I and Tier-II Examinations will be taken into account for final ranking of candidates for selecting them for the interview/skill test and also final selection.
(1) General Intelligence & Reasoning : (Verbal and Non-Verbal)
- Analogies, similarities and differences, space visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts,arithmetical reasoning and figural classification, arithmetic number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding,statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc. The topics are, Semantic Analogy, Symbolic/Number Analogy, Figural Analogy, Semantic Classification, Symbolic/Number Classification, Figural Classification, Semantic Series, NumberSeries, Figural Series, Problem Solving, Word Building, Coding & de-coding, Numerical Operations, symbolicOperations, Trends, Space Orientation, Space Visualization, Venn Diagrams, Drawing inferences, Punchedhole/pattern –folding & un-folding, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Indexing, Address matching, Date & citymatching, Classification of centre codes/roll numbers, Small & Capital letters/numbers coding, decoding andclassification, Embedded Figures, Critical thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Social Intelligence, Other sub-topics, if any.
(2) General Awareness :
- General awareness of the environment around and its application to society.
- Current events and of such matters of every day observations and experience in scientific aspect.
- India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General Policy & Scientific Research.
(3) Quantitative Aptitude :
- Whole numbers, decimals ,fractions andrelationships between numbers, Percentage. Ratio & Proportion,Square roots, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss,Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Alligation, Time and distance, Time & Work, Basic algebraic identities ofSchool Algebra & Elementary surds, Graphs of Linear Equations, Triangle and its various kinds of centres,Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle,common tangents to two or more circles, Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons , Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallelepiped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square base, Trigonometric ratio, Degree and Radian Measures, Standard Identities, Complementaryangles, Heights and Distances, Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar diagram & Pie chart
(4) English Comprehension :Ability to understand correct English, Basic comprehension and writing ability, etc. would be tested.