Tamilnadu TET,TNTET Paper II Syllabus 2012
TNTET CHILD DEVELOPMENT AND PEDAGOGY SYLLABUS (Marks: 30)
1. DEVELOPMENT OF CHILD
- Development, Growth & Maturation – Concept & Nature
- Principles of Development
- Factors influencing Development – Biological, Psychological, Sociological
- Dimensions of Development and their interrelationships – Physical & Motor, Cognitive, Emotional, Social, Moral, Language relating to Infancy, early Childhood,late Child hood.
- Understanding Development – Piaget, Kohlberg, Chomsky, Carl Rogers
- Individual differences – Intra & Inter Individual differences in the areas of Attitudes, Aptitude, Interest, Habits, Intelligence and their Assessment
- Development of Personality – Concept, Factors effecting development of Personality
- Adjustment, Behavioral problems, Mental Health
- Methods and Approaches of Child Development – Observation, Interview, Case study, Experimental, Cross sectional and Longitudinal
- Developmental tasks and Hazards
2. UNDERSTANDING LEARNING
- Concept, Nature of Learning – Input – Process – Outcome
- Factors of Learning – Personal and Environmental
- Approaches to Learning and their applicability – Behaviorism (Skinner, Pavlov,Thorndike), Constructivism (Piaget, Vygotsky), Gestalt (Kohler, Koffka) and Observational (Bandura)
- Dimensions of Learning – Cognitive, Affective and Performance
- Motivation and Sustenance –its role in learning.
- Memory & Forgetting
- Transfer of Learning
3. PEDAGOGICAL CONCERNS
- Teaching and its relationship with learning and learner
- Learners in Contexts: Situating learner in the socio-political and cultural context
- Children from diverse contexts – Children With Special Needs (CWSN), Inclusive Education
- Understanding of Pedagogic methods – Enquiry based learning, Project based learning, Survey, Observation and Activity based learning
- Individual and Group learning: Issues and concerns with respect to organizing learning in class room like Study habits, Self learning and Learning to learn skills
- Organizing learning in heterogeneous class room groups – Socio economic background, Abilities and Interest
- Paradigms of organizing Learning – Teacher centric, Subject centric and Learner centric
- Teaching as Planned activity – Elements of Planning
- Phases of Teaching – Pre active, Interactive and Post active
- General and Subject related skills, competencies required in teaching and attributes of good facilitator
- Learning resources – Self, Home, School, Community, Technology
- Class room Management: Role of student, teacher, Leadership style of teacher,Creation of non-threatening learning environment, Managing behavior problems,Guidance & Counseling, Punishment and its legal implications, Rights of a child,Time Management.
- Distinction between Assessment for Learning & Assessment of Learning, School based Assessment, Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation : Perspective & Practice
- Understanding teaching & learning in the context of NCF, 2005 & Right To Education Act, 2009.
TNTET ENGLISH SYLLABUS (Marks: 30)
CONTENT (Marks: 24)
- (1) Parts of Speech
- (2) Tenses
- (3) Active voice & Passive voice
- (4) Prepositions and Articles
- (5) Degrees of comparison
- (6) Clauses
- (7) Verbs – Main Verbs – Auxiliary Verbs
- (8)Adverbs – Types of Adverbs
- (9) Conjunction – coordinating conjunction – subordinating conjunction.
- (10) Direct and Indirect speech
- (11) Questions and question tags
- (12) Types of sentences – simple, compound and complex – synthesis of sentences
- (13) Phrases – uses of phrases.
- (14) Composition – letter writing – précis writing
- (15) Comprehension
- (16) Vocabulary – Antonyms, Synonyms and Spellings
PEDAGOGY (Marks: 06)
1. Aspects of English:- (a) English language – History, nature, importance, principles of English as second language (b) Problems of teaching / learning English
2. Objectives of teaching English.
4. Development of Language skills:- a Listening, Speaking, Reading & Writing (LSRW).
b) Communicative skills.
5. Approaches, Methods, Techniques of teaching English.
(a) Introduction, Definition and Types of approaches methods and techniques of teaching English (b)Remedial teaching.
6. Teaching of structures and vocabulary items.
7. Teaching learning materials in English
8. Lesson Planning
9. Curriculum & Textbooks
10. Evaluation in English language
TNTET MATHEMATICS SYLLABUS (Marks: 30)
CONTENT (Marks: 24)
1. Number System - Prime and Composite Numbers, Tests of divisibility, whole numbers, integers, fractions, decimal fractions, L.C.M. and G.C.M. rational numbers and irrational numbers. Properties of numbers, Real numbers; laws of exponents, squares, square roots, cubes, cube roots, finding missing number represented as alphabets in sums involving array of four operations, number patterns, number puzzles and frames
2. Arithmetic - Ratio and proportion, simple interest, compound interest, Time and distance, Discount, partnership, relative speed and angular speed 3. Sets – Concept of set, set language, empty set, finite and infinite sets, subset and equality of the set, Cartesian product of sets, cardinal number of set, set operations, representation of sets, Venn diagrams and their properties, Relations.
4. Algebra -Introduction to Algebra, expressions, exponents and powers, Factorization special products and expansions, linear equations and their graphs, system of inequations, polynomials.
5. Geometry - History of Geometry, Contribution of India in the Development of Geometry, Euclid Geometry, Lines & Angles, Properties of Circles, Triangles, Quadrilaterals and polygons, Parts of Circle : Construction of Circle, Triangles and Quadrilaterals, Circles and concurrent lines in triangles, Co-ordinate Geometry, Co-ordinates of a point, plotting of points, linking linear equations into variables (of the type ax+by+c=0 in the Cartisian coordination system), Linear equations with 2 variables, symmetry.
6. Mensuration - Perimeter and Area of a Square and Rectangle. Area of Triangle, Circle, Ring and Quadrilaterals. Surface area and volume of Cube, Cuboid.
7. Data Handling - Collection and Classification of Data, Frequency distribution table, Tally marks, Bar graph, Pictograph and Pie diagrams.
PEDAGOGY (Marks: 06)
1. Definitions and Nature of Mathematics
2. Aims, values and instructional objectives of teaching Mathematics
3. Methods of Teaching Mathematics
4. Instructional material in Mathematics – TLM in Mathematics
5. Instructional Planning
6. Designing, Administration, Analysis of scholastic Achievement test (SAT)
7. The Mathematics Teacher
8. Resource Utilization
9. Curriculum and Text Book
10. Diagnostic and Remedial Teaching
- Tamilnadu TET TNTET 2012 Syllabus Exam Pattern
- TNTET Paper 1 Syllabus 2012 Mathematics,ES,English,Child Development & Pedagogy
- TNTET Mathematics Science Syllabus 2012
- DSC Perspectives in Education Syllabus 2012
- APRJC CET 2012 Syllabus Exam Pattern
Free Email Newsletter
And then confirm your email subcription