TNTET PAPER 2 SOCIAL STUDIES (HISTORY,GEOGRAPHY,CIVICS,ECONOMICS) SYLLABUS
SOCIAL STUDIES (Marks: 60)
(1) Content (Marks: 48)
- GEOGRAPHY SYLLABUS
1. OUR EARTH: Earth its origin, Realms of the earth, Land forms , Movements of the earth ,their effects, Interior of the earth, Movements of the earth , Earth crust, Oceans , Elements of the Climate
2. SOLAR SYSTEM: The Solar System, Solar energy and Insolation, Latitudes, Longitudes,Eclipses
3. CONTINENTS: Asia, Africa, Europe, North America, South America Location and extent, Physical features, Climate, Forests and Wild life,Population, Agriculture,Minerals, Industries, Transportation, Trade, Exports and Imports Antarctica: Landscape, Climate, Natural Vegetation, Native Animal life,Mineral Wealth, Scientific Investigation
4. GEOGRAPHY OF ANDHRA PRADESH: Physical Regions , Rivers , Climate, Floods and Droughts ,Forests , Animal Wealth , Soils, Soil erosion, Electricity , Agriculture, Mineral Wealth, Industries, Population, Transportation , Sea ports , Places of Interest
5. MAPS – SCALE – CARDINAL POINTS – CONVENTIONAL SIGNS.
1. STUDY OF PAST: Prehistoric Age: Indian History periods, Sources, Indian history, Culture. Pre – History : The Evaluation of Life on Earth, Evolutionary stages of Human beings, Tools and implements, Economic life, Legacy of prehistory, Impact of Iron age on the Growth of
Civilization. Historical background: Growth and development of Early Cultures and Racial synthesis Characteristic features of Indian History – Various Stages of Development
2. HARAPPA CULTURE AND ARYAN CIVILIZATION : Early and Later Vedic Civilization- Jainism- Buddhism
3. INDIA B.C 200-300 A.D:Andhra Satavahanas- Mouryan Empire- Sangam Age- Maghadha-Kushans Empire- Parsian, Greek invasion
4. MEDIEVAL PERIOD IN INDIA: 300 A.D – 800 A.D: Guptha, Harshavardhana, Pallavas ,Chalukyas , Indian Culture abroad ,the Arab conquests of Sindh. 800 A.D-1300 A.D: Political developments, Rise of new dynasties, Administration of important dynasties 1206 A.D – 1526 A.D: Delhi Sultans, General conditions of Delhi Sultanate, Fall of Delhi Sultanate, Vijayanagara Empire, Bhakti movement, Development of National consciousness, Influence of Islam and Christianity Advent of Mughals, Advent of Europeans Fall of the Mughal Empire
5. INDIA AND THE MODERN WORLD : Trade and Colonization, Beginning of the Modern age in Europe, Outline history of world,
Major developments and their impact on India
6. ESTABLISHMENT OF BRITISH RULE IN INDIA AND REVOLTS AGAINST BRITISH RULE – INDIA DURING 1858 – 1947: Political, Economic and Social Policies of British – British Policy towards Indian Princes British Policy towards neighboring countries,Changes in Economic and Social sectors Agriculture, Famines in India between 1858 -1947,Transport facilities, Beginning of modern Industries, Rise of new classes in Indian society, Religious and social reform movements and Cultural awakening , Movements among Muslims for Social reforms
7. RISE OF NATIONALISM – FREEDOM MOVEMENT: Meaning of Nationalism and Emergence of Indian Nationalism, India’s freedom Movement, Factors and Forces-Political Associations, Early phase of Freedom Movement from 1885-1905, Freedom Movement during
1905 -1919, Indian Freedom Movement and the World -1935 Act and Provincial Ministries – Freedom Movement during World War II, Gandhian Era 1920-1947
- CIVICS SYLLABUS
1. FAMILY AND COMMUNITY
2. INDIAN CONSTITUTION : Indian Constitution at work, salient features, Federal, Unitary State, Fundamental Rights & Duties, Directive Principles, National Integration, Unity in diversity
3. GOVERNMENT AT THE CENTRAL & STATE LEVEL : Legislative, Executive-Judiciary
4. LOCAL SELF GOVERNMENT: Local Self Govt. Institutions, Gram panchayat, Mandal Parishat, Zilla Parishat Urban Self Government Institutions, Municipal Corporations, Municipalities District Administration
5. DEMOCRACY: Democracy, Problems of Democracy, Presidential and Parliamentary Democracy, Election process, Role of Political parties, World Peace and Role of India, India’s Foreign Policy, Non-Alignment Policy, India’ United Nations Organization, Contemporary Issues of the World.
6. SOCIALISM & SECULARISM: Socialism in the Indian context, Secularism in the Indian context, India as a Nation, Challenging issue of our country.
7. INFORMATION AWARENESS
8. TRAFFIC EDUCATION
- ECONOMICS SYLLABUS
1. ECONOMICS – INTRODUCTION: Economics, Nature, Scope, Need Micro and Macro Economics
2. BASIC CONCEPTS OF ECONOMICS: Basic concepts of Economics, Basic aspects of Production, Forms of Business Organization, Problems of Distribution
3. EXCHANGE: Exchange, Concept of Market, Demand and Supply, Equilibrium Price
4. NATIONAL INCOME: National Income, Gross National Product (GNP) , Net National Product (NNP) ,Gross Domestic Product (GDP),Net Domestic Product (NDP),Nominal and Real GNP, National Income of India , Per Capita Income , Standard of Living.
5. ANDHRA PRADESH – ECONOMY: Economic Situation at the time of State formation, Agriculture, Water, Power, Service sector, Population
Natural resources of Andhra Pradesh: Land, Water, Forests, Minerals Economic Development of Andhra Pradesh, Role of different sectors, Trends in Agricultural Development, Industrial Development, Development of Service sector, Welfare Programmes,
Problems of Economic Development in the State.
(2) PEDAGOGY (Marks: 12)
1. Nature and Scope of Social Studies.
2. Aims, Objectives and values of Teaching Social Studies.
3. Methods & techniques of Teaching Social Studies.
4. Teaching, Learning Material and Resources.
5. Instructional Planning.
7. Social Studies Teacher.
8. Curriculum and Text Book
9. Disaster Management , Deforestation, Socio Economic Problems
10. National Identity –Civic affairs – International Relations.