VIZAG Steel Plant Recruitment 2011 (Store man & Operator-cum-Mechanic)
Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, invites applications from qualified, competent persons for the following posts:
- Store man (For both Male & Female candidates) : 25 (Unreserved –13,OBC – 6, SC – 4,ST – 2)
- Operator-Cum-Mechanic (For Male candidates only): 16 (Unreserved – 10, OBC – 1, SC – 4,ST – 1)
Opening & Closing Date of Online Registration: 18-03-2011 to 02-04-2011
- STOREMAN: (for both Male and Female candidates)
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Arts/Science/Commerce or Diploma in Engineering from a recognized Board/Institute. Ex-Servicemen with equivalent qualifications can also apply.
Experience: One (1) year post-qualification experience in a Commercial/Public Sector organization in receipt, custody and issue of stores material. Should be familiar with procedure connected with taking delivery of consignment and processing claims for shortage, damage and loss in insurance arrangements and operation of computers. Should be able to handle independently all documentation work in stock and control sections.
Mode of Selection: Selection will be through written test and interview.
- OPERATOR-CUM-MECHANIC: (only for Male candidates)
Qualification: SSC/Matric with ITI or Diploma in Engineering from a recognized Board/Institute with valid Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving License. Ex-Servicemen with equivalent qualification may also apply. Candidates must enclose Driving License Extract Copy issued by the Regional Transport Authority of the concerned State Govt. along with their applications.
Experience: Three (3) years post qualification experience in operating Earth Moving/ Material Handling Equipments after obtaining Heavy Vehicle Driving License.
Mode of Selection: Selection will be through written test, job test and interview to be held at Visakhapatnam.
Application Fee (for other than SC/ST/PWD candidates):
- 300/- (Rupees Three Hundred only)
- Application fees must be deposited in “RINL Recruitment Account No. 30589461220” at any of the core banking branches of State Bank of India in the prescribed Challan. No other form of payment is accepted.
- Format for Challan is available in the website www.vizagsteel.com on the link Career.
- Candidates have to pay maximum bank commission @Rs.25/- per Challan for
- depositing fees at other than SBI, Steel Plant Branch, Visakhapatnam, Branch Code 6318.
- Candidates must fill-up the SBI Branch name, Branch Code, candidate’s name and date
- of birth carefully in the Challan and sign at the appropriate place in the Challan.
- Late date for deposit of Application fees is 02.4.2011.
- Candidates should mention in the appropriate place in the online application form the details of SBI branch, Branch code, City, date of deposit and the Journal Number.
- Candidates should submit original counterfoil of the Challan (VSP copy) along with Registration Slip.
How to Apply:
- Log on to www.vizagsteel.com and go to the link Careers and click on “Recruitment of Storeman and Operator-Cum-Mechanic”
- Have counterfoil of Challan of Application fees in hand (not for SC/ST/PWD candidates). Applications will not be registered without the details of Journal Number, Branch Code no., City and date of deposit.
- Fill in the Online Application Form carefully with your particulars.
- After you click SUBMIT, verify that you have fed all your particulars correctly.
- Download the system generated Registration Slip with unique registration number and other essential details with space for passport size photograph and signature. Take a print of the Registration Slip on thick white A4 size paper, affix and self-attest passport size color photograph, and sign on the Registration Slip in the space provided.
- Please retain three identical photographs to be used at the time of written test/job test/interview (Change of photograph at the time of written test / job test / interview shall render the applicant ineligible).
- Send the following by ordinary post to “Post Box No.1102, Jayanagar 3rd Block, Bangalore-560011” so as to reach latest by 11.4.2011.
i) The Original Registration Slip with photograph affixed.
ii) VSP copy of Application fees Challan (not for SC/ST/PWD candidates). At the reverse side of the Challan write your name, registration no. and post applied.
iii) Driving Licence Extract Copy issued by the Regional Transport Authority of the concerned State Government for the post of Operator-cum-Mechanic.
8. Candidates should not enclose copies of certificates pertaining to their date of birth or category (SC/ST/OBC/Ex-Servicemen) or Disability (PWD) or Educational qualifications or Experience along with their Registration Slip.
9. Please superscribe the envelope- “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ______________”.
10. The online registration site would be open from 18.3.2011 to 02.4.2011.
Candidates should visit www.vizagsteel.com website regularly for list of eligible candidates, date of written test/ job test/ interview, downloading of Admit cards, etc.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR STORE MAN POST